We’ve got a couple of more updates to you this month, so let’s get right to it.
First (and foremost), Wednesday is our Halloween party and Pack Meeting. A number of you signed up to bring treats for the scouts, please remember to bring them (of course), because no one likes a sad, snack-free scout. We’ll be doing awards, and have some cool games and activities for everyone to do, including crafts, games, snacks, and stuff for siblings to do too! If the kids want to wear their costumes (instead of Class A’s), they may do so, but we won’t be having a costume competition or anything like that.
Pack/Troop Youth Campout
This weekend, November 1-3, we are doing a weekend with St. Paul’s Troop (Troop 529). It’s going to be at the Niagara Bible and Conference Center and Campgrounds. The Campgrounds are located at 6419 East Lake Road, in Olcott, NY. Click here for directions in Google Maps. I’d like to share with you more details about the weekend and what to expect. The cost is $25/person for anyone staying overnight and $15/person for Saturday only. We’ll have the signup sheet out on Wednesday, so that we can get a final head count for the weekend.
Firstly, Webelos are invited to stay for the entire weekend, arriving and departing with the Boy Scouts. Friday night, everyone will be arriving after 6pm and settling into the campgrounds and cabins. The cabins are heated, so you’ll only need to bring a lightweight sleeping bag, toiletries, and a change of clothes. As usual, bring warm clothes for layering up and keeping warm outside and in the evening. Departure will be on Sunday morning immediately after breakfast.
Webelos, Tigers, Bears, and Wolves can also all come on Saturday morning. Come before 8am and catch breakfast as well – that’s all 3 meals on Saturday included! Saturday’s itinerary will include learn-and-do stations (such as firebuilding, knots, etc..), along with plenty of free time to enjoy the facilities. They have lots of cool stuff to do, including a game room, a gym, a climbing wall, and an adventure course. I hear that there will be raptors too! This is a great opportunity to have some fun, learn a few things, and see how the Boy Scouts work.
Fall Popcorn Fundraising – Final Update
We’re finally done with our popcorn fundraising effort, and everyone did great. Remember, if you have collected any money please be sure to bring it in this week, along with any remaining popcorn that you might not have sold this fall. You’re responsible for the popcorn that you and your son signed out, so we’ll need to square up with you this week during the Halloween Party – this is our absolute deadline to return any popcorn that you took out, as we must return popcorn to council this weekend, and anything that we don’t return belongs to us.
So, on Wednesday here is what you need to know:
- Bring in any popcorn that you haven’t sold and payment for all popcorn that you signed out.
- Please don’t bring in all of your order forms. What we need is ONE order form from you, that includes any orders that we need to submit to council to fill, along with payment for these orders.
- We’ll need to know what your scout wants to get for his prize. There is an automatic prize for any scout that reached the $600 prize level (a crossbow!), and they will have to choose 1 or more prizes that match the sales that they reached. If they sold $1000 in popcorn, they can get 1 prize at the $1000 level or a pair of $500 prizes, or similar combinations.
- We can’t take any additional orders after Wednesday, as Council needs to submit their orders to National and get them distributed to us by Thanksgiving.
- Once we have everything settled this week with fundraising, we’ll work hard to figure out where your scout stands and get you up to date on your scout’s scout account.
- Parents and Leaders meeting on November 10 at Panera Bread Company at 6:30, at their 1747 Sheridan Drive location (Near Delaware Road).
- Jim Mohr made up some videos for everyone on how to use the new Scout Manage system that we are using to track pack awards, finances, etc… Be sure to watch the videos, as Jim will be sending invitations to everyone. This will let everyone see their kids’ scout accounts and check on their progress through the ranks. If you haven’t gotten an invitation, be sure to catch up with Mr. Mohr as soon as possible.
- Be sure to like us on Facebook. We often use this as an informal means of communicating about fun things coming up. You can also sign up for our email newsletter list via our website home page, www.stpaulspack529.com.